The Sole Director, aware of the importance and the need to demonstrate and document to its customers the ability of PADI COSTRUZIONI SRL to continuously provide services in accordance with the specifications, has decided to implement a Quality, Safety and Environmental Management System, in accordance with the requirements contained in the UNI EN ISO 9001:2015, UNI ISO 45001:2018, UNI EN ISO 14001:2015 standards.
The principles of these standards constitute and underpin the policy established by the Chief Executive Officer.
The requirements contained in the UNI EN ISO 9001:2015, UNI ISO 45001:2018 and UNI ISO 14001:2015 standards, which PADI COSTRUZIONI SRL has adopted, are essentially aimed at:
- to increase customer satisfaction through the effective application of the System, including processes for its continuous improvement and the assurance of compliance with customer and applicable mandatory requirements;
- to demonstrate PADI COSTRUZIONI SRL 's ability to regularly provide services that comply with customer and applicable mandatory requirements.
- the provision of services in a way that minimises environmental impacts, the principles of continuous improvement for 'sustainable development';
- pollution prevention;
- continuous improvement of environmental performance;
- ensure that employees receive adequate education and training and are competent to perform their duties and assume their responsibilities;
- the loyalty of our suppliers by considering them as partners of our company, evaluating them and monitoring their performance;
- the elimination of internal and customer non-conformities;
- reducing company costs by evaluating alternative proposals that maintain the company's policy on health and safety at work;
- annual monitoring of customer satisfaction;
- to propose to the customer, for design activities, all technologically feasible solutions in order to reduce the environmental impact also in view of the life cycle of the product/service;
- the development of the professional skills and responsibilities of the role of each employee as well as the commitment to compliance with prevention and protection procedures obtained through the dissemination of a health and safety culture;
Each department manager identified in the company organisation chart is directly responsible for implementing these requirements in the process for which he or she is responsible.
- Improving customer and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Respect the environment around and in relation to service delivery areas.
- Continuously improve the working conditions of its resources in order to ensure not only the health and safety of workers, but also adequate physical and mental wellbeing
- Knowing how to anticipate customers' needs with innovative and value-added solutions.
- Knowing how to assess risks and potential risks through careful analysis of feedback from processes and stakeholders, valuing prevention as the first tool for analysing possible incidents
- Making it clear that an ethical vision enhances the value of technical results.
- Dedicated to developing an ethical, respectful and constructive working environment through direct involvement and continuous training
- Being receptive to new ideas, considering different points of view and trying to anticipate solutions to possible problems, as well as being alert to warnings of possible risks or accidents.
- Accepting responsibility, sharing results, pursuing positive changes and seeking new opportunities
- Being aware that you are part of a great team, motivated and enthusiastic about your role and your work.
- Supporting a business with an intact, sound and transparent management.
- Pursuing innovation and excellence
- Encouraging collaboration and teamwork
- Encourage analysis of the working environment and reporting of near misses
- Recognising merits and achievements
- Inspiring creativity and responsibility
- Demonstrating personal integrity and respect for others
- Supporting personal initiative and consequent capacity for achievement
- Promoting and implementing the principles of social responsibility and maintaining legislative compliance
In order to achieve these objectives, PADI COSTRUZIONI SRL , in the person of its director, undertakes to
- inform, train and educate all staff on prevention and protection of their own and other people's safety during work activities, developing risk awareness and promoting responsible behaviour by all staff through appropriate development of internal and external courses
- ensure compliance with legal requirements, both of an environmental and of an occupational safety and ethical nature
- promote the involvement of all figures, from those in charge of risk prevention and protection to those in charge of health and safety training activities
- disseminate the company policy to all internal staff, collaborators and stakeholders
- provide all staff with safe and comfortable working environments and working tools with an adequate degree of technological innovation
- ensuring that measurable objectives are set for relevant levels and functions of the company, consistent with this policy, including those necessary to meet the requirements of the contract
- ensure that the planning of the IMS is carried out in such a way as to comply with the general requirements of the reference standards
- ensuring that the integrity of the IMS is maintained when changes to the system are planned and implemented
- to ensure that responsibilities and authorities are always defined and disclosed within the Organisation
- ensure that adequate communication processes are in place within the organisation and that communications regarding the effectiveness of the IMS are also provided
- review the IMS at set intervals to ensure its continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness.
The Administrator has provided a framework for setting and reviewing objectives/indicators for the integrated system and ensures that the policy is always appropriate to the organisation's purposes and is reviewed for continued suitability.
The Administrator has appointed an Integrated Management System Representative R.S.G.I. who has been given specific authority to:
ensure that an IMS complying with UNI EN ISO 9001:2015, UNI ISO 45001:2018, UNI EN ISO 14001:2015is established, applied and maintained;
- report to the Managing Director on the progress of the Integrated Management System in order to enable its review and improvement.
The person in charge of the Integrated Management System will have direct recourse to the undersigned for problems inherent to his/her task which he/she cannot resolve independently through the organisational structure of PADI COSTRUZIONI SRL. All company personnel must operate in compliance with the system's rules and procedures to ensure the constant compliance of the service with the contractual specifications.
The implementation of the Integrated System is a commitment fully shared and approved by the undersigned. The Director hopes to obtain, from all levels, the maximum cooperation to achieve the set objectives and the consequent consolidation of the position of PADI COSTRUZIONI SRL in the market.